* Michelle Leder on how banks are spinning their participation in the Fed rescue. In short: They’re only doing their patriotic duty.
* Henry Waxman to banking honchos: Justify your pay.
* Morning Call: All eyes on another Fed rate cut, but U.S. futures point to early losses.
* McCain and Palin sit down with Maria Bartiromo.
* Five months ago, George Bilicic left Lazard to launch an infrastructure group (and dedicated fund) for KKR. Now he’s back at Lazard.
* How to ruin your weekend, in three easy steps.
* Gossip Girl name-drops Warren Buffett. Does that mean both of them have jumped the shark?
* Carl Icahn: 100 million reasons why we need government change.
* The Christian Science Monitor is exiting the daily print biz. Makes me sad.
* Wallstrip on economic purgatory: