* Doug Kass: Private equity is the next financial shoe to drop.
* China quietly launches a corruption probe related to foreign investments, and has already detained two officials.
* VCs pumped $1.6 billion into cleantech companies last quarter. This is going to be a mess.
* Unless something dramatic happens today, global equity markets may have just experienced their worst month ever.
* The Economist endorses Obama. Sure the mag has been critical of the Bush tax cuts, but it’s been anything but a lefty rag. In fact, it endorsed Bush in 2000 (which would actually be the best argument for ignoring its latest endorsement).
* Barclays is receiving a $12.1 billion cash infusion, with most of it coming from the Middle East. Who needs a bailout?
* Need a job? Join the IRS.
* The sky is falling, and the lawyers will profit.
* Schumer challenges IRS rule that has helped spark bank mergers.
* One of the odder exchanges ever on CNBC: