* Penthouse is a legitimate IPO candidate in search of an underwriter, but Wall Street banks won’t touch it. Kind of like when VCs wouldn’t give an early-stage investment to AdultFriendFinder, which Penthouse ultimately bought for $500 million.
* Richard Guay is out as president and CEO of the powerful Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, after just four months on the job (including the past two of medical leave). The Globe & Mail blames politics.
* Could the Madoff scandal bean one of the big bean counters?
* CKE Restaurants adopts the poison pill plan, to discourage hostile takeovers.
* Only in America Canada: Former model Googles herself, finds out someone thinks she’s a skank, sues Google.
* The Year in Review, JibJab-style: