* Roger Ehrenberg: Will laid-off Wall Streeters spark an entrepreneurial boom?
* A Houston Chronicle expose of Allen Stanford. From July 2000!!!
* Jonathan Weil: Bank books finally start seeping some truth.
* Self-Promotion Alert: I’ll be on CNBC this morning at 10:30am, to discuss if private equity is about to become the next political pinanta.
* Earnings alert: Blackstone Group holds its analyst call at 11:30, but the media call comes at 9:30. Erin will be live-blogging it.
* Rich Karlgaard: The coming blue state collapse.
* Should be presume Bernie Madoff to be innocent? Only if you’re a juror.
* It’s (almost) official: We’re all about to own a little bit more of Citigroup.
* Matt Wurtzel: Don’t outlaw securitization.