Public Pension Capital has invested in California-based Life Science Outsourcing, a medical device contracting manufacturer. No financial terms were disclosed. McDermott Will & Emery acted as legal counsel to Public Pension Capital.
Chicago (January 25, 2021) – International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented an affiliate of private equity fund Public Pension Capital in its investment in Life Science Outsourcing, Inc. Life Science Outsourcing is a California-based medical device contracting manufacturer providing medical package testing, validation, sterilization and distribution services to leading medical device companies.
· This transaction was completed on January 25, 2021.
· McDermott Will & Emery acted as legal counsel to Public Pension Capital.
· Life Sciences Outsourcing, Inc. is headquartered in Brea, California and has successfully worked with more than 850 medical device startups as a trusted outsource partner by accelerating product speed to market and enabling customers to continually develop increasingly complex and innovative commercial medical devices.
· Public Pension Capital is a New York-based private equity fund, founded by former senior partners of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. Public Pension Capital invests in a select group of industries, including Business and Financial Services, Industrial Services and Healthcare Services.
· The McDermott team was led by Kristian Werling and included William Hadler, Elaine Kao, Dan Zucker, Vernessa Pollard, Anisa Mohanty, Ike Chidi, Daniel Doron, Sarah Schanz, Allison Wilkerson, Sarah Raaii, Jed Gordon, Warren Zeserman, David Neville, Kate Williams, and Mark Bilut.
McDermott Will & Emery has over 100 private equity lawyers and is the leading firm ranked by Pitchbook in healthcare private equity by deal volume.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people