Lazard adds new MD to team

By Iris Dorbian — 3 weeks ago

Lazard has hired Charles Andrez has a managing director in middle market advisory. The appointment is effective immediately. Previously, Andrez, who is based in Paris, worked at Canaccord Genuity.


MidOcean exits Noranco

By Iris Dorbian — 4 weeks ago

MidOcean Partners has sold Noranco Inc to Precision Castparts Corp. According to a source familiar with the deal, the sale was for $560 million, at 2.2 return and an IRR of about 40 percent. Lazard advised Noranco on the transaction. Toronto-based Noranco is a maker of machined components and assemblies for the international commercial and military aerospace sectors.


Evercore taps Aronson as a senior MD

By Iris Dorbian — 2 months ago

Evercore has named Daniel M. Aronson as a senior managing director for its restructuring and debt advisory group. Aronson will be based in the firm’s new Chicago office that will open in November. Prior to joining Evercore, Aronson worked at Lazard where he was most recently a managing director. He’s also the former co-chief operating officer of Lazard’s restructuring group.


MidOcean to exit Noranco

By Luisa Beltran — 4 months ago

MidOcean Partners said Monday that it has agreed to sell Noranco Inc. to Precision Castparts Corp. PSP Investments is also a seller. The deal is valued at $560 million, Precision Castparts said in a separate statement. Noranco supplies complex machined and fabricated components for aero-engine, landing gear and airframe applications. Lazard advised Noranco.


MidOcean buys KidKraft

By Iris Dorbian — 5 months ago

MidOcean Partners has acquired KidKraft Inc, a maker of gifts, toys, play sets and children’s products. No financial terms were disclosed. Lazard provided financial advice to KidKraft on the transaction.


Apollo to acquire OM Group for $34 per share

By Iris Dorbian — 6 months ago

Apollo Global Management LLC has agreed to acquire OM Group, a diversified industrials company, for $34 per share in cash. Also, Platform Specialty Products will buy OM Group’s electronic chemicals and photomasks business from Apollo in two separate deals for a total cash consideration of $365 million. Following these transactions, Apollo will own OM Group’s magnetic technologies, battery technologies and advanced organics businesses. BNP Paribas is serving as financial advisor to OM Group while Deutsche Bank Securities Inc is doing likewise for OM Group’s board of directors. Also, Lazard and Credit Suisse are serving as financial advisors to Apollo.


ACON buys Fiesta Mart

By Luisa Beltran — 7 months ago

ACON Investments LLC said Wednesday it has acquired Fiesta Mart LLC. Financial terms weren’t announced. Fiesta is a Hispanic grocery chain in the United States with 60 stores throughout Texas. ACON said it also has hired Michael Byars as President and CEO of Fiesta. The Food Partners provided financial advice to ACON while Lazard advised Fiesta.


Levine Leichtman Capital exits Dexter Magnetic

By Luisa Beltran — 9 months ago

Levine Leichtman Capital Partners said Monday it closed the sale of Dexter Magnetic Technologies to Robert Family Holdings Inc. Financial terms weren’t announced. Elk Grove Village, Illinois-based Dexter designs, makes and provides highly-engineered magnetic solutions. Lazard Middle Market LLC advised Dexter.


Genstar Capital completes Telestream acquisition

By Iris Dorbian — 11 months ago

Thoma Bravo has closed its sale of Telestream to Genstar Capital. No financial terms were disclosed. Lazard provided financial advice to Telestream on the transaction. Based in Nevada City, California, Telestream is a provider of live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions.


Investindustrial to acquire majority stake in Goldcar

By Iris Dorbian — 1 year ago

Investindustrial has agreed to buy a 80 percent stake in Goldcar, a Spain-based holiday car rental firm. The founders and sellers will retain the remaining 20 percent stake. No financial terms were disclosed; however, Deutsche Bank provided the financing while JP Morgan and Lazard served as financial advisors. The deal is expected to be completed in the second half of December 2014.


Apax Partners to acquire Dutch software firm Exact

By Iris Dorbian — 1 year ago

Apax Partners has agreed to buy Exact Holding for 730 million euros, the latter firm confirmed on its site. Rothschild and Lazard are providing financial advice to Exact on the transaction while Leonardo & Co., RBC Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank and ING Corporate Finance are serving as financial advisors to Apax. Based in The Netherlands, Exact is a business software provider. To read the announcement, visit here.