TransUnion has acquired Cork, Ireland-based fraud protection startup Trustev. No financial terms were disclosed. Trustev’s backers included Notion Capital.Continue
Advent International and GS Capital Partners needed a little more than three years to nearly [...]Continue
Credit bureau TransUnion said its initial public offering has been priced at $22.50 per share, valuing the company at about $4 billion, Reuters News reported.Continue
TransUnion said Wednesday that Leo Mullin was elected chairman of its board of directors. Mullin, the retired Chairman and CEO of Delta Air Lines, joined TransUnion’s board in 2012. He currently serves as a senior advisor, on a part-time basis, to Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, the private equity unit at Goldman Sachs.Continue
TransUnion, one of the largest credit bureaus in the United States, filed with U.S. regulators on Tuesday for an initial public offering of common stock, Reuters News reported.Continue
Credit Bureau TransUnion Corp plans to raise about $800 million in an initial public offering this year, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matterContinue
Q-Centrix, a portfolio company of Sterling Partners, said Tuesday that it has hired Milton G. Silva-Craig as its new CEO. The appointment is effective immediately. Silva-Craig replaces Rob Schwager, who is transitioning from CEO to chairman. Previously, Silva-Craig worked at TransUnion’s healthcare business unit where he served as president. Based in Portsmouth, N.H., Q-Centrix is an outsourced provider of healthcare solutions.Continue
Just months after closing their $3 billion buy of TransUnion, Advent International and GS Capital are getting some of their money back. TransUnion plans to issue $400 million of PIK toggle notes that will be used to pay out a dividend to shareholders, according to Moody’s Investors Service and Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.Continue
After less than two years, Madison Dearborn agrees to sell TransUnion to GS Capital and Advent in a deal valued at more than $3 billion. The Pritzker family is also cashing out.Continue
(Reuters) – Private equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners has decided against selling TransUnion and will pursue a public offering for the credit reporting firm as originally planned, sources familiar with the matter said. A sale of the business, which competes with firms such as Experian Plc and Equifax Inc., was expected to fetch more than […]Continue
Did broad market volatility last week slam shut the IPO window?
It’s not really clear. IPOs, in August, typically fall into a lull as much of Wall Street goes on vacation. Fourth quarter is usually the strongest time for new offerings. But August has been very slow. Eleven IPOs were pulled last week due to poor market conditions. Of these, four were PE-backed, according to Dealogic.
Carbonite, last week, succeeded in going public (shares of the company rose nearly 24%). Including Carbointe, only three deals have priced this month (SandRidge Permian Trust and American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. are the other two). Only one other deal is on deck for August, Dealogic says.
It’s not clear what will happen to companies waiting to go pubic. There are 54 private equity-backed companies that have filed for IPOs this year, worth a combined $12.54 billion, Dealogic says. Last year at this time, we also had 54 PE-backed companies that registered for an offering, raising a combined $15.8 billion. This included HCA’s $3.5 billion deal.
The IPO window will likely open back up but it’s not clear what companies will be able to go pubilc. Of course, just because a company files for an IPO doesn’t necessarily mean it will go public. Many times, companies file and just sit in registration as they wait for the perfect time to IPO. Or, as they wait, they get sold.
Here’s a list of the top 10 PE-backed IPO’s that are currently in registration, according to Dealogic.Continue
Madison Dearborn Capital Partners has completed its acquisition of a 51% equity stake in consumer credit reporting company TransUnion from the Pritzker family, which will retain the other 49 percent. No financial terms were disclosed, although the Wall Street Journal previously reported that the deal values TransUnion at around $2 billion.Continue
Madison Dearborn Capital Partners has agreed to acquire a 51% equity stake in consumer credit reporting company TransUnion from the Pritzker family, which will retain the other 49 percent. No financial terms were disclosed, although the Wall Street Journal says the deal values TransUnion at around $2 billion.Continue