Zeus Capital has promoted Mike Allen to head of research. Prior to joining Zeus, Allen worked at Panmure Gordon, UBS and Numis Securities. Allen first joined Zeus Capital as a research director in September 2014.
Investment banking boutique Zeus Capital has made a senior promotion to bolster its research team, with Mike Allen taking on the role of Head of Research.
Having joined Zeus Capital in September 2014 as Research Director, Mike is a public market analyst and has published research on some of the company’s most high profile deals. An expert in the automotive sector, Mike advised BCA Marketplace on its £1.1bn reverse takeover and Main market IPO in April 2015.
He also advised luxury hotel operator Elegant Hotels, which recently announced its intention to float on AIM, having completed a fundraise of £63m. Mike previously worked at Panmure Gordon, UBS and Numis Securities and was a top three Extel-rated analyst in the business services sector in 2010 and a top stock picker in the business and consumer services sector.
In addition to this, the firm has extended its research team with the appointment of Damian Dunn as Trainee Analyst. Damian joins the firm from Tilney Investment Management, where he held the role of trainee investment manager.
Mike Allen, Head of Research at Zeus Capital, said: “Zeus Capital has a team of outstanding analysts, many of whom are experts in their field. Research plays a critical part in any transaction, and in my six months at the firm, I’ve worked on some of the most high profile deals including in the automotive sector. With all markets open for business at present, I’m confident of further success for Zeus in the coming months.”
Damian Dunn, Trainee Analyst at Zeus Capital, said: “Over the last few years, Zeus Capital has built a reputation for acting on some of the nation’s biggest deals. Being a part of such as successful team is certainly attractive to me, and I’m looking forward to working alongside Mike to maintain this momentum.”
Zeus Capital is an independent investment banking boutique uniquely placed to offer advice to companies in both public and private markets, including IPOs, take-privates, pre IPO funding, M&A and multi track processes. The firm was established in 2003 and clients include public and privately owned companies, private equity houses and private equity backed businesses. The team are multi award winning and Zeus was ranked ninth in the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 2014. Zeus Capital has offices in London, Manchester and Birmingham.
Zeus has recently acted on a number of high profile IPOs as Nominated Adviser and Broker and was ranked number one by IPO funds raised on AIM in 2014, raising 35% of the total, and in the top 20 for IPO funds raised globally. Zeus has been broker and joint broker on £2.1bn funds raised since January 2014.
A number of the transactions represent a realisation by founders or private equity investors and £1.6bn cash proceeds has been delivered to exiting shareholders since July 2013, including full exits.
Recent transactions Zeus has advised on include:
· £1.2bn reverse takeover and IPO of used vehicle marketplace British Car Auctions and associated £1bn fundraise (BCA)
· £560m listing of online fashion retailer boohoo.com and associated fundraising of £300m (BOO)
· £200m listing and associated £193m fundraise of logistics and parcel distribution company DX (Group) (DX)
· £135m listing and associated £94m placing of integrated, light-side building materials company, Epwin Group (EPWN)
· £125m IPO and associated £100m placing of pharmaceuticals manufacturer, supplier and service provider Quantum Pharma (QP.)
· £78m listing and associated £70m placing of retail home improvements business, Safestyle UK (SFE)
· £66m listing and associated £64m placing of
off – licence retailer, Conviviality Retail (CVR)
· £40m listing and placing of the UK’s leading distributor of fluid power products, Flowtech Fluidpower (FLO)
· £36.5m listing including £16.5m fundraise of pharmaceuticals company 4d pharma, with subsequent £21.5m secondary raise (DDDD)