Genesys, a provider of customer service and contact center software, has appointed a new board including executives from Genesys, Permira, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Banneker Partners. The board members are Paul Segre, Genesys, who has been a senior executive at the company since 2002; Tom Lister, co-managing partner, and Brian Ruder, partner, from Permira; Jake Reynolds, general partner, Technology Crossover Ventures and Stephen Davis, partner at Banneker Partners.
– The new board, comprised of leading executives from Genesys, Permira, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Banneker Partners will guide the company into its next phase of growth as a stand-alone company.
– The board encompasses a unique mix of seasoned Silicon Valley software company investors and business innovators associated with some of the most successful technology companies in the market today. The board is anchored by long-time Genesys president and chief executive officer Paul Segre.
– The board members are: — Paul Segre, Genesys, who has been a senior executive at the company since 2002.
– Tom Lister, co-managing partner, and Brian Ruder, partner, from Permira. Founded in 1985, the firm advises funds with a total committed capital of approximately $30 billion. Over the past 26 years the Permira funds have made nearly 200 private equity investments, over 30% of which have been in the sector of Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT). Permira funds have a long track record of investing in successful technology companies around the world, including All3Media, Odigeo, NDS and Renaissance Learning.
– Jake Reynolds, general partner, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV), a leading provider of growth capital to technology companies. With $7.7 billion in capital under management, TCV has invested in over 150 technology companies leading to 50 initial public offerings and more than 40 strategic sales or mergers. In addition to Genesys, the company has invested in Altiris, Ariba, EXL Service, Expedia, Facebook, Groupon, Netflix, and OSISoft, among others.
– Stephen Davis, partner at Banneker Partners, a San Francisco-based private equity firm focused on investing in software/SaaS, Internet and business services companies with a goal of driving top line growth organically and through acquisitions and operational improvement. Stephen Davis has led the acquisitions of several software companies, including BigMachines, Applied Systems, Petroleum Place and Ventyx.
“Brian, Jake, Stephen and Tom bring unique insight and experience to fuel our next phase of growth,” said Paul Segre, president and CEO, Genesys. “Our new board strongly positions the company to execute on our mission to save the world from bad customer service and disrupt the customer experience market with innovative technology.”
“There is a new buzz around Genesys in the market,” said Stephen Davis, partner, Banneker Partners. “We view Genesys as a uniquely positioned company with the opportunity to be truly transformative in the market. I look forward to working with the company’s talented management team as we begin this exciting new journey.”
“We’re thrilled to be part of the new Genesys story,” said Brian Ruder, partner, Permira. “Genesys brings a highly compelling value to the market and is uniquely positioned as a software-only company competing in customer experience space. I’m excited to join the Genesys board and be part of the passion and energy of Genesys as it moves forward.”
“Genesys has a big market opportunity, a great management team and strong momentum to transform the customer experience space,” said Jake Reynolds, general partner, TCV. “We see Genesys as a highly unique company that is poised for exciting growth. I am honored to serve on the board as the company enters its next phase as an independent software company.”
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact center software — with a 100% focus on customer experience and mission to save the world from bad customer service. With more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to drive today’s new customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day from the contact center to the back office, helping companies deliver fast, simple service and a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys software also optimizes processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.