Argos Soditic has acquired Valco Group France in a management buyout transaction. Founded in 1949 and located in Ruffec (SW France), the company is specialised in the design, manufacture and maintenance of industrial valves for applications in the energy and chemical sector and industry.
Argos Soditic works alongside management in the buyout of Valco Group France
The Funds managed by Argos Soditic announce the acquisition through a management buy-out (MBO) of Valco Group France (VGF), a company specialised in the design, manufacture and maintenance of industrial valves for applications in the energy sector (petrol, gas, nuclear), the chemical sector and industry.
Founded in 1949 and located in Ruffec (SW France), VGF has 240 employees. The group realised sales of €45 million in 2013 and has worldwide recognition, through its brands SNRI, Malbranque and VVS, as an industrial expert in cryogenic valves for the liquefied natural gas industry.
The acquisition of VGF from the Norwegian private equity investor HitecVision fund IV marks a turning point for the management team led by Stéphane Galichet. This team has turned the group into a market leader in the energy sector boosted by growth in emerging countries, increased use of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and the launch of new transport or terminal platforms for LNG.
The objective of the transaction is to accompany the management team in its development projects whether it be the strengthening of existing markets, the identification of new channels for growth or the implementation of a strategic acquisition plan in a European market which is still fragmented.
Gilles Mougenot, President of Argos Soditic Partners, stated «VGF is one of the leaders in the industrial valves market, particularly in the energy sector, largely due to a portfolio of prestigious brands, solid historical relations with big Asian, Middle-Eastern and European clients as well as a renowned industrial savoir-faire. We are delighted to work alongside Valco Group France and its excellent management team in a new phase of ambitious expansion”.
Stéphane Galichet added that « the arrival of Argos Soditic as both partner and shareholder will give new momentum to the group which has significant industrial, technological and commercial assets to accelerate its development at an international level. Valco Group France will gain from the experience of Argos Soditic in the management of growth and the implementation of industrial transformation plans”.
About Argos Soditic (www.argos-soditic.com) :
Argos Soditic is an independent European private equity group with offices in Paris, Milan, Brussels
and Geneva. Since its creation in 1989, Argos Soditic has carried out more than 50 transactions
focusing on management buy-outs and buy-ins in small and medium-sized companies. Argos Soditic
typically takes majority stakes ranging from €5m to €60m in companies with revenues of €20m to
With €675m under management, the firm has developed a track record of unusual, complex and offmarket
transactions where the firm’s combination of local presence and international experience is
able to add value to the small and medium-sized businesses it invests in.
Argos Soditic : Céline Lanoux, +33 1 53 67 20 50, firstname.lastname@example.org
Valco Groupe France : Stéphane Galichet
Argos Soditic : Gilles Mougenot, Raphaël Bazin, Guillaume Lefebvre
Buy-side advisors :
- Lawyers : Kramer Levin Naftalis et Frankel (Christophe Gaschin, Ramona Tudorancea, Fabienne
Arrighi, Stanislas Marmion) / Bignon Lebray (Thomas Buffin, Tanguy Dubly)
- Strategy : Ernst & Young Italie (Giovanni Calia, Filippo Cerrone, Michele Zanin) / Cowin (Colette
- Financial audit : Eight Advisory (Eric Demuyt, Benoit Bestion)
- Operational audit : Eight Advisory (Bruno Gonnet, Thomas Cisterne)
- Tax audit : Arsène Taxand (Franck Chaminade, Laurent Mamou, Mathilde Le Roy)
- Environmental audit : HPC Environnement (Stéphane Vircondelet, Xavier Pellier)
- Insurance audit : SIACI Saint Honoré (Eric Rémus, Christine Rivoalan)
- Information technology & systems : Vinci IT Partners (Grégory Dubourdieu)
Sell-side advisors :
- M&A : C.W. Downer & Co. (Frank Merkel, Raymond Morin, Stefan Meier)
- Lawyers : Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Olivier Rogivue, Florent Mazeron)
Unitranche financing :
- IFE Mezzanine (Jean-Pascal Ley, Laurent Warlop)
- Idinvest Partners (Eric Gallerne, Nicolas Nedelec)
- Lawyers : Nabarro & Hinge (Jonathan Nabarro, Hugues Gascon)