* Bill Gross calls for a massive government bailout: “Systematic debt liquidation is what confronts the U.S. and perhaps even the global financial system at the current time. Unchecked, it can turn a campfire into a forest fire, a mild asset bear market into a destructive financial tsunami.”
* Informa rejects decreased buyout offer.
* VC-backed Spectrum Bridge is trying to create a Web-based secondary market for radio spectrum. Similar efforts have failed in the past, but WSJ suggests that this one may just have enough volume to get the job done.
* VCs back tools to look inside the cloud (Stacey’s talking cloud computing here, not meteorology).
* Hedge fund Atticus Capital: We’re not dead yet.
* Wallstrip on The Home Depot: