* Brad Feld: Venture capital as a produce supplier
* Clay Shirkey: Does the Internet make you smarter?
* The New York Times fights back against Foursquare and Yelp
* Today in carried interest: James Robinson says populist blather is approaching high-water mark (remember Jim, I was blathering at the low-water mark) and the Economix blog weighs in.
* 10 states with the highest % of residents who work for the government (much more red than blue…)
* On Thursday, a Stifel Nicolaus analyst said that American Capital was risking bankruptcy. On Friday, it looked like his note may have changed the company’s fortunes.
* Why M&A attorney Frank Aquila tweets: