International private equity firm Investcorp has announced the members of its European Advisory Board. Among its members will be former Secretary General of the U.N. Kofi Annan and former Austrian chancellor Wolfgang Schüssel.
Investcorp, the global provider and manager of alternative investment products, today announced the members of its European Advisory Board, formed to provide senior counsel to the Firm. The Board will meet at Investcorp’s offices in Bahrain in March.
The members of Investcorp’s European Advisory Board are:
• Dr Giuliano Amato, Professor Emeritus of the European University Institute in Florence, former Prime Minister of Italy
• Kofi Annan, President of the Global Humanitarian Forum, former Secretary General of the United Nations
• Dr Wolfgang Ischinger, Global Head of Government Relations and Public Policy for Allianz, former German ambassador to the UK and the USA
• Pierre Keller, former Managing Partner of Lombard Odier et Cie, Geneva
• Ana Palacio, Senior Vice President of International Affairs and Marketing for Areva, former Foreign Minister of Spain
• Dr Otto Schily, member of the German Bundestag, former German Federal Minister of the Interior
• Dr Wolfgang Schüssel, member of the Austrian Parliament, former Chancellor of Austria
• Professor Klaus Schwab, KCMG, Founder & Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum
• Lord Weidenfeld of Chelsea, President of the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, Founder and Chairman of Weidenfeld & Nicholson
Nemir Kirdar, Executive Chairman & CEO of Investcorp said: “My colleagues and I are delighted to be working with so outstanding a panel of European business and political leaders. External perspectives have always been cherished at Investcorp, and the Advisory Board provides us with guidance on high-level European business and policy issues, bringing to bear the insights and experience gained in many distinguished and varied careers.”
Members of the Advisory Board will have no legal or corporate governance obligations and will work with Investcorp in a purely advisory capacity.
Investcorp is a leading provider and manager of alternative investment products. It has offices in Kingdom of Bahrain, New York and London and is publicly traded on the Bahrain Stock Exchange (INVCORP). Investcorp has three business areas: corporate investment in the Gulf, US and Europe, real estate investment in the US and global hedge funds. As at December 31, 2010, Investcorp had US$12.2 billion in assets under management.
Further information is available at www.investcorp.com.
Do you want exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more? Get your FREE trial to Buyouts! Or subscribe now!
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.