Mid-July saw the private equity secondaries investor reach a final close on Coller International Partners VI. The fund exceeded its target of $5 billion, securing commitments of $5.5 billion.
With a multinational team based in London, New York and Hong Kong, the fund will target assets and sellers located worldwide and will make individual investments ranging from $1 million to $1 billion-plus.
The new Coller fund has over 200 limited partners. Pension plans account for around 53 % of the fund’s committed capital; sovereign wealth funds/government entities for 15%; and insurance companies for 10%; the remaining commitments come from endowments and foundations, family offices and other types of asset managers.
The Coller team has already committed $800 million of the new fund’s capital and has a full pipeline of potential investments. And Coller predicts the secondaries boom will continue unabated. In the next 2-3 years, slightly more LPs plan to use the secondaries market – either as buyers or sellers of assets – than have used it in its entire history, says Coller in its latest twice-yearly report, Global Private Equity Barometer – Summer 2012.
If you want to get involved at this exciting stage in a new fund’s cycle, see this week’s job posting to assess whether you have the credentials that fit the bill.
***Job of the Week***
Job Title: Investment associate
Firm: Coller Capital
Location: New York
Salary: Competitive with bonus
Job Description (as cited via peHUB Careers):
• Qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions including performing detailed sector and company research and analysis
• Work either independently, or in some cases, with a senior associate or manager to analyse a fund position
• Conduct due diligence and assist with deal execution and transaction management
• Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other internal meetings
• Present the analysis at Asset Review as required
• Interact with external consultants and advisers as required regarding analysis
• Assist with closing administration
STRUCTURING AND EXECUTION
• Work with the deal team and Coller’s in-house legal team to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, offer letters, purchase agreements and other legal and transaction documentation
• Keep up-to-date on portfolio performance and address any specific requests for action or approval (for example, receipt and sale/retention of distributed stock proceeds)
• Prepare returns forecasts, commentary and other investment information for Coller Capital limited partner meetings and regular portfolio review/as required
DEAL SOURCING, MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING
Conduct desk research for marketing, deal sourcing and fund raising
Qualifications/Experience (as cited via peHUB Careers):
You will be a pre MBA with fluent English, solid financial and business modelling skills, good transactional experience and strong analytical abilities gained from 1-3 years in a relevant industry (for example, M&A, private equity, transactions services, investment consulting). As an associate you will participate in and contribute to all aspects of the deal process with responsibility for initial quantitative and qualitative analysis of portfolio companies and funds.
To apply please click here
Image credit: Photo of job vacancy signpost courtesy of Shutterstock
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.