You need look no further than our very own PeHUB Careers section provided by eFinancial Careers.com for this week’s job posting. Secondary fund manager Coller Capital is recruiting again and this time is seeking a Spanish-speaking senior associate to boost its investment team in London and New York. The successful candidate will work on a range of deals in various geographical locations with an emphasis on deals in Spanish speaking countries and will join a dedicated group of private equity professionals responsible for evaluating, analysing and sourcing secondary investments.
Founded in 1990, Coller Capital is a global investor in private equity secondaries with approximately $8 billion under management. The firm provides liquidity to investors wishing to exit early from their private equity investments – which may be either Limited Partner positions in private equity funds or portfolios of direct investments in private companies (typically owned by financial institutions or corporations). Investments vary widely in size – from single LP positions in small private equity funds, to large portfolios of diverse assets. These transactions can be as little as $1 million, to $1 billion or more.
July this year saw the firm reach a final close on Coller International Partners VI. The fund exceeded its target of $5 billion, securing commitments of $5.5 billion.
Further emphasising its commitment to Spanish-speaking regions, Coller Capital, in collaboration with the Latin American Private Equity & Venture Capital Association, this week published the first Coller Capital/LAVCA Latin American Private Equity Survey – 2012. The survey, which reached out to 105 private equity investors worldwide, found that investors are accelerating their pace of new commitments to Latin American PE and that three quarters of them expect returns of over 16% from the region. The survey also found that aggregate new fund commitments by existing investors to the region are expected to accelerate over the next year with 38% of LPs surveyed expecting the value of their new commitments to be higher in the next 12 months than in the last 12 months (with another 49% of LPs expecting to maintain their pace of new commitments).
If you think you have the relevant expertise and would like to join a top tier secondary firm as it continues to boost its exposure in Spanish-speaking terrains, scroll down our job of the week to find out more.
***Job of the Week***
Job Title: Senior Associate – Private Equity
Firm: Coller Capital
Location: New York/London
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Job Description (as cited via peHUB Careers):
As a senior associate at Coller Capital, primary responsibility will be to participate in and contribute to all aspects of the deal process, from analysing and valuing portfolio companies to deal structuring, negotiation and execution. The successful candidate will take responsibility for all primary quantitative and qualitative analysis of portfolio companies and funds and will work closely with deal teams comprising other investment team professionals as well as Coller’s in-house tax and legal counsel and the finance department. Once a deal has been completed, the senior associate will also be involved in the ongoing monitoring of that investment. As you become more experienced within the firm and the secondaries market, your role within Coller will develop to encompass team leadership, project management and deal sourcing.
Qualifications/Experience (as cited via peHUB Careers):
• 3-6 years experience within a relevant industry (you will have completed your analyst training or equivalent and may have some experience at an Associate level) including;
– private equity
– funds of funds
– pension fund
– family office
– corporate finance
– leveraged finance
– transaction services or corporate finance within a Big 4 accountancy firm
– an investment consulting firm
– as an investor/LP
• Excellent academics and a solid career history
• Outstanding achievements in career to date
• Fluent (written and spoken) Spanish and English
• Preference for an established network in the UK (UK based roles) through working in that country
• Advanced financial and business modelling skills
• Results driven and ambitious
• Strategic and commercial acumen
To apply please click here
Image credit: Photo of teacher writing on blackboard courtesy of Shutterstock
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.