The British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association has appointed Tim Farazmand as chairman as of April 2014. Farazmand is managing director at LDC.
The British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) is pleased to announce that Tim Farazmand has taken over as Chairman as of April 2014.
Mr Farazmand is Managing Director at LDC. Mr Farazmand said:
“It is a great honour to be taking over as Chairman of the BVCA, especially at such an important time for both the industry and the economy, and I wish to thank my predecessor Simon Clark for all his hard work over the past 12 months.
“We are just over a year away from the General Election and I want to ensure, along with Tim Hames and the rest of the BVCA team, that the organisation is in the best possible shape in the run-up in what is sure to be one of the most hotly contested elections in recent memory. I want to make sure private equity and venture capital is understood for what it is: a builder of business, a supporter of sustainability and a driver of innovation and growth.
“One key area I will be focussing on is social impact investment. Certain figures from the private equity and venture capital community have been blazing a trail in this area for many years now, and with the new social investment tax relief announced by the Chancellor in his Budget statement, we are now in a position to really make a difference to social enterprises across the UK.
“The economic recovery presents an opportunity to emphasise private equity and venture capital’s role as a catalyst for business, ensuring sustainable investment for long-term growth. As an industry we have a fantastic story to tell and I want to make sure it is one that is heard far and wide.”
Mr Farazmand succeeds Simon Clark, Managing Partner at Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, as Chairman of the BVCA.
Tim Hames, Director General of the BVCA, said:
“We are delighted to have Tim take over as Chairman for 2014/15 in what is sure to be an extremely busy time for both the BVCA and the industry at large. Tim has been an active member of the BVCA for many years now and we will certainly need that enthusiasm and hard work as we approach May 2015. I look forward to continuing our work together.
“I would like to thank our outgoing chairman, Simon Clark, for his tremendous effort over the last year. His tireless commitment to promoting private equity and venture capital as good corporate citizens has left a lasting impact on the BVCA and one we fully intend to continue in the years ahead.”
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Tom Allchorne, BVCA, +44 (0)20 7420 1807, [email protected]
Notes to editors:
1. Tim Farazmand is Managing Director at LDC and is responsible for originating transactions nationally with a particular focus on equity investments of between £5million and £100million. Tim joined LDC in 2005. He has spent over 20 years in private equity with 3i, Royal Bank of Scotland and Catalyst Fund Management. Prior to joining 3i Tim worked for IBM. Tim has completed a number of significant transactions including GVA, NAH and more recently Mama Group, and has also served as Chair of the BVCA’s Citizenship Advisory Group. Tim enjoys most sports (a life-long Aston Villa fan) and music (listening rather than playing).
2. Photo available on request.
3. The British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) is the industry body for the UK private equity and venture capital industry. The BVCA has over 500 member firms, representing the vast majority of UK-based private equity and venture capital firms and advisors.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.