LLR Partners has acquired Malvern, Pennsylvania-based 3SI Security Systems, a provider of asset protection solutions. No financial terms were disclosed.
MALVERN, PA – JUNE 20, 2017 – LLR Partners today announced the acquisition of 3SI Security Systems, a global leader in asset protection systems and an innovator of GPS tracking technologies. LLR will support the company’s continued growth through expanded sales and marketing, further technology infrastructure development and strategic acquisitions.
Protecting more than 250,000 client locations worldwide, 3SI’s innovative solutions combat crime through GPS tracking, dye and ink staining and gas neutralization technology specializing in the Financial, Retail, Cash in Transit and Law Enforcement markets. 3SI maintains an advanced GPS Tracking Support Center in Malvern, PA, and has trained more than 6,800 municipal and regional law enforcement agencies to use its tracking platform to safely respond to incidents.
“For more than 45 years, 3SI has helped create a safer world by protecting and recovering stolen cash and other high-value assets and stopping criminals,” said Todd Leggett, CEO of 3SI Security Systems. “I am excited to build on our success in the financial services and retail markets, and to continue our momentum with LLR as our strategic partner. They bring highly relevant experience, an extensive talent network and deep knowledge in the security sector to 3SI in support of our next phase of growth.”
“Todd and his experienced team built a market leading asset protection business by innovating a collection of subscription-based solutions that drive high criminal apprehension and cash recovery rates for customers every day,” said Michael Levenberg, Principal at LLR Partners. “After more than 40 years of honing their industry expertise and developing strong relationships with corporate clients and government agencies, we believe 3SI is well-positioned for continued growth.”
3SI’s core solutions and industries include:
· Financial Services: To secure cash at financial institutions and protect against robberies, 3SI offers GPS Tracking, Dye and Ink Staining, and Gas Neutralization solutions that protect cash in the teller drawer, vault and ATM.
· Retail: 3SI’s GPS Tracking solutions protect cash, electronics, pharmaceuticals, jewelry, tobacco, cargo and other high-value inventory across a range of retail providers.
· Cash in Transit: 3SI’s protection solutions for global transporters and couriers use GPS Tracking and Ink solutions to secure cash and high-value assets during transport.
· Law Enforcement: 3SI partners with police agencies around the world to provide tactical tracking solutions that help capture criminals and protect communities by reducing crime.
· 3SI Security Systems was advised by Raymond James in this transaction. Varagon Capital Partners served as the lead arranger and administrative agent for the transaction financing.
About 3SI Security Systems (3SI)
3SI is a global leader in asset protection systems designed to recover stolen cash and high-value assets, apprehend criminals and deter crime with more than 40 years of experience in the financial and retail markets. 3SI’s solutions include currency degradation and GPS tracking solutions to protect cash and high-value assets in banks, safes and ATMs, jewelry, pharmaceuticals, consumer electronics, other retailers and law enforcement. 3SI global headquarters are near Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.3sisecurity.com
About LLR Partners
LLR Partners is a lower middle market private equity firm committed to creating long-term value by growing our portfolio companies. We invest in a targeted set of industries, with a focus on technology and services businesses. Founded in 1999 and with more than $3 billion raised across five funds, LLR is a flexible provider of capital for growth, recapitalizations and buyouts. For more information about LLR and advice for scaling growth companies, visit our new website at www.llrpartners.com.