H.I.G. Capital said April 16 that Jeff Wiseman has joined the firm’s real estate investment affiliate, H.I.G. Realty Partners, as managing director and head of U.S. real estate debt.
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–H.I.G. Capital, a leading global private equity investment firm, is pleased to announce that Jeff Wiseman has joined the firm’s real estate investment affiliate, H.I.G. Realty Partners, as Managing Director and Head of U.S. Real Estate Debt. H.I.G. Realty’s credit team originates and invests in real estate debt products (senior loans, B-notes, mezzanine loans and preferred equity) across all property types throughout the United States. Jeff brings over 20 years of experience of originating, structuring and investing in real estate debt. He will be located in H.I.G.’s New York office.
Jeff has held several leadership positions and served in numerous roles and capacities throughout his real estate career. His diverse and extensive experience originating and investing in structured real estate debt investments will bring significant benefits to H.I.G. Jeff earned an M.B.A. from The Stern School of Business at New York University and a Bachelor of Science in Finance from The Pennsylvania State University.
Tony Tamer, co-founder and Managing Partner at H.I.G., added, “I am delighted to welcome Jeff to the firm. Jeff brings a wealth of real estate knowledge, structuring and experience to H.I.G. Under his leadership, we are committed to continue expanding our real estate debt investments across the United States.”
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global private equity and alternative assets investment firm with $25 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
1. H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
2. H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
3. H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.