The Association for Corporate Growth Toronto (ACG) announced its new leadership team for 2020-2021. Vaughn MacLellan of DLA Piper (Canada) was confirmed chair of ACG Toronto’s board, with Ben Gibbons of RSM Canada assuming the role of vice chair, and Darin Brock of TorQuest Partners assuming the role of past chair. Samantha Horn of Stikeman Elliott was confirmed as secretary and vice chair, governance, and Halyna Shribak of Deloitte Canada was confirmed as treasurer. ACG Toronto’s day-to-day operations are overseen by president and CEO Mike Fenton.
ACG Toronto, Canada’s Association for the Private Equity and Corporate M&A Industry Announces Leadership Team
TORONTO, ON, July 23, 2020
The Association for Corporate Growth Toronto (ACG) announced a new leadership team for 2020 – 2021. The following roles were confirmed at the Annual Meeting on June 23, 2020.
• Vaughn MacLellan (DLA Piper (Canada) LLP) – Chair of the Board
• Ben Gibbons (RSM Canada) – Vice-Chair of the Board
• Darin Brock (TorQuest Partners) – Past-Chair of the Board
• Samantha Horn (Stikeman Elliott LLP) – Secretary and Vice-Chair Governance
• Halyna Shribak (Deloitte Canada) – Treasurer
• Mike Fenton – President & CEO (ex-officio)
The Chapter elected the following Board of Directors.
• John Caggianiello – MNP Corporate Finance
• Steve Conrad – Consultant
• Adrianna Czornyj – Persistence Capital Partners
• Sonal Doshi – Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
• Reggie George – TD Securities
• Cormac MacLochlainn – Raymond James Bank
• Kyla Mahar – Miller Thomson LLP
• Sean McKinnon – Novacap
• Michael Moore – RBC, Mid-Market Leveraged Finance Group
• David Poirier – The Poirier Group
• Sylvia Rasic – Deloitte Canada
• Matthew Roberts – RBC, Mid-Market M&A
• Michael Rudanycz – SLC Management, Sun Life Assurance
• Robyn Weber – HUB International Limited
The Chapter also re-elected four Honorary Directors:
• Dan Amadori – Lamerac Financial
• Robert Coffey – The Coach
• Brad Ashley – PRIVEQ Capital Funds
• Stephen Smith – SBS Structured Solutions
Vaughn MacLellan is a Partner at DLA Piper (Canada) LLP, a global business law firm; and was the Co-Chair of the 2017 & 2018 Capital Connection Conference. Ben Gibbons, Partner and National Private Equity Leader with RSM Canada has been an ACG Toronto Board member since 2018 and Co-chaired the launch of the ACG DealSource North conference in 2019.
“ACG Toronto has just completed our most successful year with significant increases in programming, membership and partnership programs. Despite the market challenges posed by the COVID-19 health situation – we are confident that the chapter will continue to develop new opportunities for our members in business development, program content and thought leadership. I look forward to working with a diverse and talented group of executives on the ACG Toronto Board of Directors in our next stage of expansion”, said Vaughn MacLellan.
About the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG): ACG is the largest industry association representing the Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisition, and Investment industry. Founded in 1954, ACG is the global community for middle-market dealmakers and business leaders, with 60 chapters and more than 15,000 members – http://www.acg.org .
About ACG Toronto: Founded in 1971, ACG Toronto hosts a series of 30+ events and provides opportunities for networking, deal opportunities, industry knowledge, thought leadership and connects with more than 2,500 executives across North America. http://www.acg.org/toronto/ .
For more information please contact:
President & CEO