Aryaka said it raised a $25 million Series C round of funding led by InterWest Partners. Presidio Ventures and existing investors Nexus Venture Partners, Trinity Ventures and Mohr Davidow Ventures participated. The money will be used to support the WAN optimization company’s market penetration and global reach.
Aryaka Closes $25 Million Series C to Accelerate WAN Optimization as-a-Service Adoption
Capital Fuels World’s First Cloud-based (Wide Area Network) WAN Optimization Company to Revolutionize the Multi-Billion-Dollar WAN Optimization Market
MILPITAS, Calif. – July 17, 2012 — Aryaka (www.aryaka.com), the world’s first cloud-based WAN optimization as-a-Service, today announced it has secured a $25 million Series C funding round led by InterWest Partners, with participation from Presidio Ventures, a Sumitomo Corporation Company, and existing investors Nexus Venture Partners, Trinity Ventures and Mohr Davidow Ventures.
The proceeds will be used to support Aryaka’s rapid market penetration and global reach as the company continues to redefine the multi-billion-dollar global WAN optimization market and change the way enterprises consume this technology. Aryaka’s innovation in deployment architecture and utility-based business model has been accepted by enterprises worldwide as the way to optimize the new WAN.
The latest funding round caps a record year of market traction and milestone achievements for Aryaka.
Global Reach Expands
Aryaka continues its drive to “place the network near the customer.”
• WAN optimization as-a-Service to 500+ customer sites over six continents since its inception 18 months ago
• 1 billion connections for a hundred thousand business users worldwide across 20 countries
• Under 20-millisecond latency for network traffic to over 90% of the world’s business users
Escalating International Sales
Aryaka is opening up the WAN optimization market for all enterprises:
• Aryaka has more than 60 global customers within its first year of launch including global brands like InMobi, STATS ChipPAC, Aruba Networks, ThoughtWorks, Radware, Calypso, Strauss and Symphony-Teleca.
• In addition to revenue customers, 100+ trials are in progress on the Aryaka network.
• 1 Gbps of customer commitments across enterprise networks.
• Customers using the Aryaka solution span multiple verticals, including technology, manufacturing, engineering, architecture, consulting, logistics and media.
Revolutionizing WAN Optimization
Aryaka is changing the way companies do business by enabling enterprises to achieve:
• Up to 100X increased application performance
• 98% reduced WAN traffic for a better user experience among a globally distributed workforce
• 99% improvement for File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
• 98% reduced bandwidth utilization for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
• Application Performance
o Over 95% data reduction for Microsoft Exchange
o 90X higher link utilization for Oracle Data Guard (ODG)
o 90% data reduction for SolidWorks PDM (ePDM)
• 8X faster access to global cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and enterprise resources for increased productivity
Expanding Partner Ecosystem
• Aryaka’s “Fusion” partner program enables regional service providers to expand their offering globally and integrate with seamless access to cloud services for their customers’ distributed enterprise.
• Emergence™, the Aryaka Alliance Program, continues to add more cloud providers, channel partners, service providers and technology partners, enabling them to capitalize on Aryaka’s market leadership.
• As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Provider, Aryaka provides 8X faster access to global cloud and enterprise resources.
New Markets Penetrated in 2012
• Spurred by strong customer pull, Aryaka entered the Brazil market to serve the country’s fast-growing base of companies headquartered there while enabling multinational firms to better connect their Brazil presence with their locations in other regions.
• Aryaka is now serving customers across six continents, allowing enterprises in established markets as well as emerging markets to take advantage of WAN optimization as-a-Service and aggressively grow their businesses globally.
“What impressed us most about Aryaka is how this unique WAN optimization as-a-Service solution overcomes the problems caused by the distributed nature of today’s enterprise as well as integrated access to the Cloud with a very simple and elegant solution,” said Khaled Nasr, Partner, InterWest Partners. “Unlike conventional WAN optimization approaches, Aryaka liberates the enterprise by providing a secure, scalable and highly intelligent network in the cloud. Aryaka has identified and is addressing a large market with unmet needs by redefining the playing field for network optimization and increasing the overall market size.”
“The new funding enables us to further execute on our aggressive growth strategy as we convert our technology innovation into commercial success and drive to our goal to redefine the market and position Aryaka as the leader,” said Ajit Gupta, Founder, President and CEO of Aryaka. “Market traction has been tremendous as small, mid-sized and larger enterprises realize that networks and applications require a new, more sustainable approach. With Aryaka as a partner, organizations can maximize their existing application and network resources and focus on their core business goals.”
“Little by little, the hardware that has cluttered enterprise telecom closets, equipment rooms and data centers is being offloaded to the cloud so why not WAN optimization in the cloud,” states Lynda Stadtmueller, program director, Cloud Computing, Stratecast Practice, Frost & Sullivan. “By eliminating the need for capital investment in premises equipment, Aryaka’s solution is cost-justifiable for the entire corporate network, both in and outside of the firewall. For enterprises, this means fewer boxes, fewer headaches, and fulfilling the promise of lower costs while improving productivity around the world.”
Aryaka is the world’s first cloud-based WAN optimization as-a-Service company solving application and network performance issues faced by the distributed enterprise. Aryaka has been named to Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech 50 innovative startups for 2011, a “Cool Vendor” by a leading analyst firm and a GigaOm Structure 50 company that will shape the future of cloud computing. Aryaka eliminates the need for expensive and complex WAN optimization appliances as well as long-haul connectivity, and enhances collaboration across corporate locations, data centers and cloud services. It offers significant cost benefits, ease-of-use, instant deployment, performance advantages, dramatic productivity gains and real-time visibility into WAN applications, locations and performance, while providing 24/7 world-class support. To learn more, visit www.aryaka.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.