Bertram Capital announced Wednesday the final closing of Bertram Growth Capital II with $500 million in LP commitments. The San Mateo, Calif.-based PE firm invests in industrial manufacturing, technology, business services and health care.
Bertram Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in San Mateo, California, announced the final closing of Bertram Growth Capital II with $500 million in limited partner commitments.
Founded in 2006, Bertram Capital’s mission is to help profitable companies realize their full potential through a strategy of buy and build and internally generated growth initiatives. Bertram now has over $850 million in capital under management and targets investments in lower middle market companies.
“We recognize the significant trust our existing and new limited partners have demonstrated with their swift commitment to Bertram Capital’s second fund,” said Jeff Drazan, Managing Director. “During a challenging economic environment, Bertram was able to demonstrate continued growth in sales and earnings across a broad range of industry segments. Bertram’s approach of minimal leverage coupled with the application of cash flow to growth initiatives generated increased market share at a time when competitors were shedding costs and losing customers.”
Bertram Capital invests in a variety of industry segments spanning industrial manufacturing, technology, business services and health care. The current active portfolio includes:
* Author Solutions – (www.authorsolutions.com) The global leader in independent publishing
* Power Distribution, Inc. – (www.pdicorp.com) A leading independent power quality company
* Genascis – (www.genascis.com) The leader in surgery center revenue cycle management
* TydenBrooks – (www.tydengroup.com) The global leader in security seals for logistics applications, utility meter products and product marking systems
* One Distribution – (www.onedist.com) Leading footwear and apparel brands in the skate, urban, and fashion markets
The investors in Bertram Capital include major financial institutions, funds of funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, corporate pension funds, state pension funds and sovereign wealth funds spanning the globe.
More information on Bertram Capital can be found at www.bertramcapital.com.