Bespak To Acquire Emergent Respiratory

Bespak PLC (LSE: BPK) has agreed to acquire Emergent Respiratory Products Inc., an Irvine, Calif.-based maker of breathing equipment and related single-use circuits and masks as an early treatment for patients experiencing breathing difficulty. The deal is broken out into two tranches: Bespak will initially invest $3 million for a 51% equity stake. The remaining 49% will be acquired between 2009 and 2011 at a pre-determined multiple of profits, with an estimated cost ranging from $15-$18 million