*The U.S. government has invested more in Algae Biofuel Research than Foursquare has raised.
* Simeon Simeonov: Angel investing by the numbers.
* Alastair Goldfisher: A non-jealous review of “The Facebook Effect.”
* Joanna Glasner: What the Tesla IPO means for VC Exits.
* NAFH, a blind pool, inks a bank deal while PE firms stall.
* PE returns are up but lag the public markets
* Jim Garvey of SV Life Sciences sits for a Q&A.
* AT&T could lose 1 million customers next year once Verizon begins selling the iPhone.
* IPO filings have hit their highest level since 2007 with PE firms accounting for 50%.
* Men are less engaged in their work than women until they hit their retirement years and then they become interested.