* Two men are charged with trying to extort up to $11 million from David Blitzer, a London-based senior managing director with The Blackstone Group. Guess somebody isn’t going to be getting a father-in-law’s day gift…
* Megan Barnett looks at Lone Star, the firm that keeps taking out Wall Street’s trash.
* August M&A market is the slowest in 16 years.
* Goldman Sachs: Half the world is already in recession.
* Private equity bails on Freddie and Fannie. Well, at least until it knows if the feds plan to do the same.
* Wallstrip takes a sip of Starbucks:[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=KMfIlHJlWaY]