I’m pleased to announce the launch of our inaugural Fantasy Baseball League for readers of peHUB.com and PE Week Wire. (full details after the jump)
The number of participants is unlimited, and the signup deadline will go through next Thursday (sorry purists, you’ll be unable to count the season’s first few days). Each player will receive a certain number of “dollars” with which to build his/her team, and there actually is some real prize money involved. First, you will be entered into the general RotoHog pool, where the year-end winner can score $100,000. Weekly winners can grab $10,000. I’ve also spoken to the RotoHog folks about specific prizes for our league, and details will come shortly. Finally, we’ll also offer up the traditional print sub and “Take over this space for a day” opportunities.
- Go to www.RotoHog.com and Create an Account (top righthand corner). You are required to enter valid contact info, but that’s only so you can claim prizes (if you’re so lucky).
- You will then be emailed a temporary password, with instructions on how to create a permanent password.
- Once logged in, go to the “My Leagues” tab at the top of the page. Click “Join League, and then “Search for Private League.”
- Our League Name is: Due Diligence. The password is: overhang
- Then you’re in, and can begin building your team.
- Also, please email your team name to me once finished. Just put the name in the subject header, and your name in the email body. Thanks, and good luck to all…
*** It’s also worth noting that there is a $10,000 “Golden Referral” prize on RotoHog.com, for anyone who refers the ultimate winner. I’m not sure if I would qualify but, if so, the money would go to charity. Consider it another reason why you should play…