Noci Pictures Entertainment is looking for a venture capital partner to fundraise for a long term middle-market private equity deal involving manufacturing & distribution.
There’s no urgent requirement for actual experience raising capital in media, just “warm relationships in raising capital for alternative investments where your pitches are to investors who trust you will be heard and your pitchbooks read with sincere interest,” says Noci.
There are various private equity investment pools and hedge funds that finance films and entertainment projects. Prominent and successful investors in the space include Anil Ambani (Reliance), Jeff Skoll (EBAY), Fred Smith (FEDEX), Norman Waitt (Gateway), Larry Ellison (ORACLE), Elliot Associates, Fortress Investments, Columbus Nova, Fidelity, Texas Pacific, M/C Ventures, Bank Of America Capital Partners, Honeywell Pension Fund among others.
Noci’s business model bridges film finance, 3d technology, video on demand, and international distribution (including starting a new U.S. theatrical company similar to Lions Gate or Summit) across a portfolio of 50 films where each film is a standalone company. The manager also funds global co-productions in China, Belgium, Canada, South Africa, Germany, France, Spain, New Zealand & others where partner companies provide 40-60% of the equity in film finance transactions enabling equity investors to generate a 30%-100% ROI on equity prior to revenues.
Noci states the position can be remote and may evolve into a full time managerial role. “You could be based in Nepal or New York but as long as you have a track record in raising money, have always wanted to be in the film business, and can think of at least 10 investors you know that can be matched with our deal, please apply,” says the firm in its job ad.
The business currently has imminent needs for a short term tranche so when applying, please indicate realistically based on sphere of influence how quickly you can help raise capital and if these are $500,000 or $5 million investors, says Noci.
***Job of the Week***
Position: Private equity, hedge fund, venture capital partner
Firm: Noci Pictures Entertainment
Industry: Arts & Entertainment
Number of Employees: 1 – 100 Employees
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Firm Description (as cited on the Ladders.com):
A private investment pool that finances a portfolio of films and entertainment projects. Noci’s business model encompasses film finance, 3d technology, video on demand, and international distribution (including starting a new U.S. theatrical company) across a portfolio of 50 films where each film is a standalone company as well as global co-productions with China, Belgium, Canada, South Africa, Germany, France, Spain, New Zealand & others.
Job Description (as cited via TheLadders.com):
Noci needs an experienced hedge fund, venture capital private equity rainmaker to assist in either seeding and/or raising capital for a non-correlated asset class media finance company (film finance, global film & tv co-productions, U.S. theatrical distribution). This is not a sexy Hollywood vanity investment but a long term middle-market private equity deal involving manufacturing & distribution.
The successful candidate must have (as cited via TheLadders.com):
– Superior relationships and provable experience in raising capital from HNW investors, family offices, and institutional capital and the ability to do so in today’s market offering investors an alternative to traditional private equity opportunities.
– Capabilities to arrange and raise $20M-$300M for both film finance, production, theatrical distribution, and understand that the studios have heavily consolidated, leaving an open door for a new stand alone U.S. theatrical distribution company.
– Must be able to arrange a short term tranche of a minimum of $3-$5 million with additional follow on amounts to exceed $100 million.
– Must be ethical, diligent, a closer, and have a burning interest to be in the movie business.
– Must have a superior knowledge of investors who are on the sidelines eagerly waiting to put their money into something sooner rather than later and are sick of chasing the next Facebook or Groupon knowing only a small circle of investors will ever get into these start-up deals.
Salary for equivalent role: DOE – salary involves combination of commission, salary, equity, and other sweeteners including co-producer credits on films Noci makes.
To apply, click here
For more great private equity job opportunities head over to the peHUB career center, co-hosted with eFinancialCareers.com.
Image of clapper board courtesy of shutterstock