Steinway Musical Instruments said on Monday that it has entered into an agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Kohlberg & Company for approximately $438 million. Ropes & Gray served as legal counsel to Kohlberg for the transaction. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, Steinway Musical Instruments is a producer and distributor of high quality musical instruments.
Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. (NYSE: LVB), a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of high quality musical instruments, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Kohlberg & Company, a global private equity investment firm, in a transaction valued at approximately $438 million. Ropes & Gray served as legal counsel to Kohlberg and the team included:
· William M. Shields led the deal. The corporate team also included Daniel Evans and associates Christian Westra and Adam Leamon.
· The finance team was led by Thomas B. Draper and included associate Stephen Kruse.
· The tax and benefits team was led by Loretta Richard and Eric Elfman, and included associates Adam Stella and Kase Jubboori.
· The labor and employment team was led by Peter Ebb and included associate Jen Cormier.
· The intellectual property team was led by David McIntosh and Emilia Cannella.
· The environmental team was led by Peter Alpert.
· The real estate team was led by Marc Lazar and included associate Eamon Lorincz
· Gleiss Lutz provided counsel on German legal matters.