Some links to kick of your Tuesday, which also happens to be the first day of Buyouts East.
* A hedge fund manager plans to sue the SEC, to lift its ban on public marketing of its services. As he explains: “We want to be able to have a website like any other business. The only websites required to pre-qualify people are hedge funds and pornography.”
* Sears is fast becoming that ex-boyfriend who just can’t take a hint. The retailer remains in the hunt for Restoration Hardware, according to a new regulatory filing.
* A move is on to let Chinese insurers make private equity investments, in order to diversify risk.
* WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg says that over 30% of all blogs are spam.
* Michael Eisner is a model modern media mogul, but still makes for a lousy cable talkshow host.