Some links to kick off your Monday:
* Departing CalPERS CIO Russell Read has confirmed that he plans to launch a cleantech-focused venture capital firm.
* Whatever happened to IMO, a startup mobile retailer that had raised $10 million from Highland Capital Partners? Scott Kirsner has the answers. His lede: “Successful start-ups have a 100 fathers, someone almost said. But flameouts are orphans.”
* Macquarie is seeking U.S. “debt professionals.” Them and everybody else.
* PE firms keep caterwauling over new UK pensions regulations, but pension consultant John Ralfe says to stop.
* Paul Kedrosky maps out U.S. entrepreneurs.
* More money for Twitter. I know, I know… It’ll hook me just as soon as I start using it. Pretty sure that’s a compelling reason to not start using it.
* New performance data from the NVCA and Thomson Reuters: performance.pdf