Some links to kick off your Wednesday:
* SPAC registrations hit a five-month low.
* Hedge funds are losing money, but keeping clients.
* Mark Hopkins asks everyone to stop calling it a recession.
* An outlook on Wall Street compensation for the rest of 2008.
* Will Price leaves VC to become a CEO, and loses his blogging voice.
* From gum to credit cards: Could American Express be Warren Buffett’s next acquisition?
* Ithmar Capital has released its latest quarterly update on private equity in the GGC region. Here it is in PDF form: PEInsightsIII.pdf
* WallStrip on RIM:[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=M9uBC4PH3oE]