* Today in Clear Channel: The New York trial was set to begin today, but has now been pushed back to next week. In Texas, the banks are asking a judge to dismiss the case. They’re arguing that the deal would have closed just fine had Bain and THL accepted arbitration. And, again they miss the central point: The sponsors shouldn’t have to renegotiate!
* Constance Loizos takes a look at the LA venture scene, for this month’s VCJ cover story (sub req).
* S&P says that the leveraged loan market is “resurgent.”
* Duncan Reilly leaves TechCrunch, to launch Inquisitr.
* One of President Bush’s SEC commissioners is leaving.