* A Gotti loan shark gets shaken down in above-the-board bankruptcy.
* Steve Ballmer gets egged. No, not by Jerry Yang.
* Hedge fund manager Jeff Vinik is overseeing $9.5 billion. Except he isn’t. Confused? So is Steve Syre.
* Bijan Sabet of Spark Capital has organized a panel discussion on the important issue of non-competes in Massachusetts. It’s free, but you need to RSVP. More info here.
* The nation’s top venture capitalists, according to members of TheFunded.
* Delphi sues its former saviors.
* Middle Eastern SWFs look to make direct PE investments in India.
* The Bay Area seeks to build stronger VC ties with China.
* The Blackstone Group’s Tony James, from last week’s Private Capital Symposium: [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=v-NzAhxtoNw]