* The history of the NYSE, in dance.
* Gomez Inc. has filed for an IPO, but founder and namesake Julio Gomez is is barely a footnote in the S-1. Just call him The Unfounder.
* Permira’s plans for Valentino.
* Nearly three-quarters of UK alternative investment managers (both PE and hedge) favor additional government regulation, according to an informal PwC survey.
* Guy Kawasaki has some pickup lines for entrepreneurs to use, when first meeting a venture capitalist.
* CEO of the decade? How about Patricia Russo of Alcatel-Lucent.
* The LA Times says the buyout market has slowed. In related news, the weather has gotten warmer.
* Dan Frommer asks who will become the YouTube of porn. I dunno, except to say it won’t be a VC-backed company.
* Bear Stearns art: [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=uTKwsvuBNoI]