Some links to kick off your Thursday:
* Yours truly is on the A side of a Q&A with The Motley Fool.
* The FT reports that buyout pros seem OK with Alistair Darling’s new tax proposal for carried interest, but that venture capitalists are up in arms. It says that Darling used a “sledgehammer to crack a nut,” but that it “is being cheered by the nut and complained about by almost everyone else who has been hit by it.”
* CBS is buying a 10-month old celebrity blog called DotSpotter for $10 million. Not bad. By that math, peHUB is now worth $11 million…
* Sam Zell isn’t selling the LA Times.
* Virtual world companies have not raised $1 billion — no matter what press release headlines would lead you to believe. Virtual reality?