* Daily carnage roundup: AIG rescued, Barclays pays just $250m for Lehman Brothers’ investment banking biz (but $1.75b overall, including its NY HQ), Lehman’s investment management unit — which includes its $35b private equity biz — remains on the block, Morgan Stanley considers a merger and the Fed holds steady.
* Also just hearing that Barclays CEO said the bank has “opportunities but not obligations” to buy Lehman businesses in Europe and Asia.
* Insitutional Investor Magazine names Lehman its top fixed-income research group of 2008. Wonder where it will send the commemorative plaque.
* First Round Capital: Leave Wall Street, Join a Startup
* McCain helped “create” the Blackberry? Thought RIM was a Canadian company…
* 1-2 Knockout: Don’t be so quick to point your finger.
* Felix Salmon, on the other hand: Investment Banks, RIP.
* Need a job? Or perhaps just some gallows humor?[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEVeUkJhpvs[/youtube]