* Nouriel Roubini: Dr. Doom or Hugh Hefner?
* JP Morgan income sank in Q3, the the Wall Street survivor somehow managed to turn a profit. It’s already beginning to turn around the futures…
* Carlyle Group has filed an objection to bankrupt Lehman Brothers’ sale of Neuberger Berman to Bain Capital and Hellman & Friedman. The filing was joined by former Neuberger CEO Jeffrey Lane, with the WSJ reporting that Carlyle and Lane have put together a rival bid. That’s right: We could be looking at some actual deal competition.
* Yet another investor memo with advice for startups. This one is from John Borthwick of Betaworks.
* Paul Krugman? Thomas Jefferson saw this coming a few hundred years ago.
* We like lists: SmartMoney’s Power 30.
* Wallstrip on the global financial crisis:
Watch CBS Videos Online