Some links to kick off your Monday:
* Thomson Financial and the National Venture Capital Association have released Q3 fundraising data for the venture capital industry. Fifty-nine firms raised around $6 billion, which is a significant decline from both the prior quarter and Q3 2006. Download the details here: Q3Fundraise.pdf
* Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) has introduced a non-binding resolution to block Bain Capital’s proposed acquisition of 3Com, because Bain has teamed with a Chinese partner. As with the Dubai Ports World fiasco, this is hysterical style over substance.
* The Harman International buyout may look off, but it officially still on.
* TXU debt hits the market today.
* Profile of hedge and private equity fund manager John Tudor Jones.