Some links to kick off your Tuesday:
* Warren Hellman tells Fortune that private equity firms are going public for one reason: “It’s plain and simply a five-letter word that begins with G and ends in D. Nothing more.”
* What role should an early-stage board of directors play? Brad Feld has some answers.
* We all know Biogen is on the block. Could Genzyme be next?
* Some historical background on the proposed UK tax changes to carried interest, and a suggestion that they are being made in haste.
* For the first time ever, a Baby Boomer has applied for Social Security benefits. Now we get to find out if the system will, indeed, come crashing down around us.