* Bethany McLean: “The five hotshots who took Fortress Investment Group public were worth billions at first. Today they look like arrogant showboats.”
* Venture capital’s ancestral relationship to gambling.
* Morning Call: U.S. futures drop on GM comments, European stocks extend losses, the Nikkei rises 2% and Hong Kong shares drop a percent.
* Why golf is sacred to Wall Streeters.
* Seth Levine’s blog from VC in the Rockies.
* Don’t worry, beer pong is still safe.
* Tesla CEO in digital witch hunt.
* Bain Capital’s Steve Pagliuca seems to believe that the Obama Administration knows what it’s doing with the economy: