Some links to kick off your Friday:
* Golden Gloves, Wall Street style.
* Nice guys need not apply to become PE-backed CEOs.
* Steven Pearlstein likes Blackstone’s choice for Hilton CEO.
* MetroPCS (which still has VC shareholders) has pulled its $7.5 billion offer for Leap Wireless.
* Mitt Romney is a former private equity pro who has raised more money from the private equity industry than any other presidential candidate. So it’s not surprising that he’s against changing the tax treatment of carried interest from capital gains to ordinary income. What is surprising, however, is that Romney doesn’t know where carried interest actually comes from.