Some links to kick off your Thursday:
* Rachel Beck says Shame on Merrill and Citigroup, for not having CEO succession plans in place. Well, to be fair, most people assumed Larry Fink was set to replace Stan O’Neill. Pretty sure that was the impression Fink was under.
* TPG co-founder James Coulter expects the leveraged loan market to rebound by early next year.
* Pay By Touch is vying to become the next Amp’d Mobile. Really a shame — good technology surrounded by a dysfunctional team.
* No big surprise, but worth noting that the Warren Buffett a supports a change to carried interest tax policy.
* Och-Ziff shares slide on public market debut. Will it be enough to scare off KKR? Probably not — this is no longer about reason or need.