Some links to kick off your Monday:
* Radiohead guitarist Ed O’Brien says that EMI owner Terra Firma “doesn’t understand the music industry.”
* VC investment activity in India over the first nine months of 2007 is nearly 5x higher than was such activity in the first nine months of 2006, according to new data from Dow Jones VentureOne and Ernst & Young. Read the press release.
* The Fed will cut interest rates by another 100 basis points in the next six months, according to Citigroup chief economist Lewis Alexander.
* How Blackstone Group’s 30-somethings beat out Steve Roth’s Vornado for Sam Zell’s office empire, according to The Deal.
* VC-backed Six Apart is selling its LiveJournal blogging platform. But the big M&A news we’re waiting for is Automattic, whose open-source WordPress platform that runs peHUB and countless other sites. Something should be coming soon…
* John Thain wants Merrill Lynch’s culture to look more like Goldman’s.