Some links to kick off your Thursday:
* Bill Clinton is cutting ties with Ron Burkle, in order to “protect” Hillary’s campaign. That means he’s quit as a senior advisor to Yucaipa Cos., but it’s unclear what he’s done with any equity stake he might hold.
* Is it just me, or have there been a lot of VC-backed companies closing their doors lately? Almost enough for FuckedCompany to be revived… The latest is Zingdom (fka Convoq), which made software to enable online meetings. Company co-founder Christopher Herot writes a detailed obit.
* TheStreet.com is doing video each day on the top ten “searched” stocks. Seems like there should be some tradable information in there, but I’m not quite sure what it is. Maybe it’s just Cramer runoff… Watch them here.
* No new deal for Sallie Mae.
* No deal at all for Biogen.