Some links to kick off your Monday:
* Artis Capital is everyone’s favorite wanna-be-VC hedge fund, doing more than 20 venture capital deals in 2007, according to PE Week (sub req.).
* Daddy Thomson today announced that it expects its merger with Reuters to close by “early Q2.” That means just a few more months before we’re able to begin adding Reuters content to peHUB…
* Blackstone missed a return opportunity on FGIC, and now will take a writedown.
* Congress probes sovereign wealth funds.
* China investing in Citigroup? Not so fast, says the WSJ (sub req.)