Some links to kick off your Wednesday:
* CDC chief Richard Laing on the 2008 outlook for private equity in the emerging markets: CDC_Outlook.doc
* Cenkos is out of the Close Brothers auction, which leaves Blackstone as the last suitor standing.
* WordPress creator Automattic has raised $29.5 million in new funding from existing VCs and The NY Times. peHUB runs on a bastardized version of WordPress, so it seems appropriate to highlight the deal.
* The hottest tickets in Davos are not being printed by The World Economic Forum, according to Dealbook.
* CBS is a bargain. Is it also a bargain hunter?
* Whole Foods abandons plastic bags. Well, at least for checkout. I assume they’ll keep using them for produce and other such items…