Some links to kick off your holiday weekend:
* Looks like the SEIU has some bipartisan support for its fight against Carlyle Group. Chuck Grassley and Herb Kohl have introduced a bill that would increase regulation of nursing home operators like Manor Care. Carlyle also might have some headaches with a bill introduced in the California legislature, which aims to prevent state pensions from investing in firms partially owned by countries with poor human rights records.
* Dunkin’ Donuts shop owners are displeased with company management (read: PE firms), over a deal to expand distribution of D&D products.
* Revver is still a VC-backed bust, but its sale price is actually better than expected.
* Pete Peterson tries to reconcile with himself.
* Lawyers to banks: Just walk away from PE deals.