Some links to kick off your Tuesday, which feels like a Monday:
* Microsoft plans to authorize a proxy fight for Yahoo. The question now is if it will also raise its bid.
* Another day, another bank finds takes new write-downs. What’s a billion dollars worth of pricing errors between friends?
* Wall Street job-cutting is far from over.
* Can New England’s tech community prevent itself from going gray? Scott Kirsner on the region’s youth movement.
* David Swenson says to keep in simple, but not as simple as Jim Cramer makes it.
* Why would you hack an earnings call? To do so means you voluntarily sit through one of them, which is telephonic torture.
* Tesla Motors is looking to raise another $250 million, via both a private placement and an IPO.