GoTV Networks, the mobile media company, has been acquired by Phunware, the branded mobile app infrastructure firm. Specifics of the transaction were not publicized. Siemer & Associates was advisor to GoTV Networks on the transaction, while Phunware was self represented.
Phunware Buys GoTV Networks
Acquisition Positions Profitable and Debt Free Company as the Premier Global Provider of Branded Mobile Application Infrastructure and Experiences
AUSTIN, Texas– Phunware, the leader in enterprise branded mobile application infrastructure and experiences, announces today that it has acquired GoTV Networks, the industry’s largest mobile media network. The acquisition was unanimously approved by the Board of Directors for both companies and officially closed today. Through the acquisition, Phunware adds new offices in both Northern and Southern California, including San Francisco, Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles) and San Diego.
“We are extremely excited to add GoTV Networks to the Phunware Phamily,” said Alan Knitowski, Chairman and CEO of Phunware. “Through this acquisition, we have accelerated our operational growth, strengthened our financial position and achieved critical mass on a global scale, including an array of customers and brands unparalleled in the industry.”
Phunware’s representative customer list now includes the following key verticals and brands:
• Education – allCanes (University of Miami), Cambridge, Discovery Education, William & Mary and US Education TV
• Entertainment – Astrology Zone, Crackle (Sony), Discovery Communications (Discovery Channel Latina, DMAX, MythBusters and Tudiscovery), G4 (NBC Universal), Hitfix, MobiTV, National Geographic, Oprah, The Karaoke Channel, Univision and Young Hollywood
• Internet – AllClearID.com, Bikini.com, HomeAway.com, Petfinder.com, PetsMD.com and YouSendIt.com
• Music – Amplified Pop, ES Música, Hip Hop Official, LAMC, Lollapalooza, Revolver TV, Rock the Bells, SXSW and True Country
• News – Daily News, Fox 7 WHDH Boston and Fox 7 WSVN Miami
• Original Branded Programming – AEG, ASICS, Gibson, Johnson & Johnson, Lexus, Proctor & Gamble, Rolling Stone, Secret, Sesame Street, Tide and US Weekly
• Retail – Cricket Communications, McDonald’s and User Friendly Media
• Sports – Callaway Golf, ESPN, NASCAR, NFL, NHRA and Peter Jacobsen Sports
• Travel – Animal Kingdom, Disney World, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios
• Technology – AMD, AT&T, Freescale Semiconductor, HP, Nokia, Samsung, Sprint and Verizon Wireless
Platform support includes Apple iOS, BREW, Google Android, HP / Palm webOS, Java, Microsoft Windows Mobile, Nokia Symbian, RIM Blackberry, Samsung Bada and WAP. Mobile and broadband video distribution includes Amazon, AOL, Apple iTunes, Babelgum, Bebo, Blackberry Application World, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Daily Motion, Google Android Marketplace, Handmark, Joost, Meta Café, MSN, MySpace, Pocket Gear (Handango), V CAST and YouTube. Carrier distribution includes AT&T, LEAP Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile.
Phunware’s mobile experience portfolio now exceeds 150 applications in more than 100 countries and 4 languages. Application users within this portfolio have downloaded tens of millions of applications, consuming billions of minutes (or thousands of years) of App engagement on its mobile experience platform.
Siemer & Associates was advisor to GoTV Networks on the transaction, while Phunware was self represented.
About Phunware, Inc.
Phunware creates brandME™, the best and most powerful branded mobile experiences in the world, along with PRAISE™, the global industry standard for bulletproof mobile application infrastructure. Phunware leads the mobile application revolution globally and is reinventing the mobile application experience for the benefit of consumers everywhere. Phunware has introduced category defining applications that challenge the outer limits of the best mobile devices on Earth and is defining the future standard for mobile application experiences. Visit us at www.Phunware.com.
About GoTV Networks, Inc.
GoTV Networks enables media owners and brands to deliver compelling, personalized, highly engaging content experiences through feature-rich smart applications distributed to the widest audience possible. Visit us at www.goTVnetworks.com.