The VC trading deadline must be near, given the number of partners switching firms today. Some have been publicly disclosed, some not. Maybe it has something to do with the NVCA Annual Meeting taking place in San Francisco… Here’s a brief recap:
– Cynthia Ringo has joined DBL Investors as a managing director. She previously was a managing director with VantagePoint Venture Partners, and before that served as CEO of CopperCom (Pluris too, but we’ll forget that for now). DBL recently spun out of JPMorgan, and is out raising a new fund. More on this tomorrow.
– Sameer Gandhi has joined Accel Partners as a partner in the firm’s Palo Alto office. He previously was a partner with Sequoia Capital, where his deals included Barracuda Networks, eHarmony, Gracenote (acquired by Sony), Marketlive and Sourcefire
– Jeff Hinck has joined El Dorado Ventures as a partner. He previously had been a senior managing director with Vesbridge Partners. Not a huge surprise, as Vesbridge was flailing and Hinck and EDV partner Charles Beeler have been close friends for a long time. Here’s a post on Vesbridge, originally written before I’d learned that Hinck had left.
– Christopher “Woody” Marshall has joined Technology Crossover Ventures as a general partner. He previously was a managing director with Trident Capital, where his deals included Advanced Payment Solutions, AccountNow, Bytemobile, Merchant eSolutions, MapQuest, SideStep and Xata.
– Rob Theis has joined Scale Venture Partners as a managing director. He had spent the past eight years with DCM Doll Capital, but formally left in February. Here’s my post on the move, from earlier today.