So, which blog posts and news stories rose to the top of the most-read list this week?
Following are the top 10 posts that garnered the most pageviews from regular readers of peHUB from August 1-5. (We do a separate list for the week’s most popular slideshows.) This week’s hot topics include fund-raising news from Avista Capital, CCMP Capital and Sycamore Partners;a video job pitch to Google gone viral; a critique of a Washington Post article on VCs and entrepreneurship (arguably the worst ever); and alumni networks that have formed around successful startups such as VMware, Tesla Motors and AdMob.
1. Matthew Epstein: “I’m Shocked Google Hasn’t Issued a Cease and Desist Order” by Connie Loizos
2. Worst Analysis of VCs and Entrepreneurship EVER! by John Backus
3. VCJ Cover Story: The Networking Effect by Joanna Glasner
4. Teten & Farmer: VC and PE Funds’ Best Practices In Sourcing Investments by David Teten
5. What’s next For Real Estate Venture? by Joanna Glasner
6. Warburg Pincus Eyes Small Fries by Joseph Giannone
7. Avista Capital Looks To Raise $2B Fund by Luisa Beltran
8. Ex-JPMorgan Affiliate Looks to SWFs As It Gears Up For Fund III by Bernard Vaughan
9. Golden Gate spin-out, Raising First Fund, Takes Stake in Talbots by Bernard Vaughan
10. Guggenheim Venture Partners Becomes Alara Capital press release